Our next Guided Wine Tasting Adventure of 2017 is Understanding the World of White Wine on Friday May 12th in La Voûte at the Angleterre & Résidence in Ouchy, Lausanne (see directions below). Doors open at 7.00 pm and the 1½ hour expert guided tasting begins at 7.30pm. These wine tasting events are a perfect opportunity to discover new wines, meet other wine lovers and make new friends.
- Why is white wine white (or is it more yellow, amber or golden)?
- What are the main white grape varieties and how do they differ in aroma and flavour?
- Which are the most important white wine producing regions & countries in the world?
This wine tasting adventure takes the form of an introduction to the basics of white wine. It is the perfect opportunity to find out the answers to these questions (and more) and understand a little better all you need to know about the world of white wine.
To help our understanding we will try eight of the most important white grape varieties by tasting the following 10 white wines :
- Chardonnay (France & Argentina)
- Sauvignon Blanc (France & New Zealand)
- Pinot Grigio (Italy)
- Riesling (Germany)
- Chenin Blanc (France)
- Gewurztraminer (France)
- Semillon (South Africa)
- Viognier (USA)
Learn more about each of the wines and find out which wines make the best match for which foods. We also provide a selection of charcuterie and cheeses for your enjoyment.
Places are limited so we advise you to book now to avoid disappointment. Please feel free to forward this invitation to any friends who also appreciate wine and want to discover and learn more in the world of wine.
We look forward to seeing you there.
Simon at Fitting Wines
Directions: The Angleterre & Résidence is just off the Avenue d'Ouchy at the Lake Geneva end and only a two-minute walk (170m) from the Ouchy M2 station. Signs for the Fitting Wines event will direct you to La Voûte which is located in a separate building adjacent to the main hotel. Alternatively you can access La Voûte via the Accademia restaurant (facing the lake) where the staff can direct you. Secure parking is available at the hotel (1st hour CHF3.50 then CHF2.00/hour).
Save This Event
When & Where
Fitting Wines offers a range of personalised wine services in Switzerland.
- We help you discover and enjoy quality wines of the world and learn more about the wonderful world of wine.
- Each service is tailor-made to your tastes, your needs and your budget.
- Contact us now for your FREE 'Personal Wine Profile'™, exclusive to Fitting Wines.
Visit www.fittingwines.com for more details.