Meeting the health needs of young people - lessons learned from Newham
UCLPartners and Newham Clinical Commissioning Group (CCG) have been working in partnership bringing together health, academic, education and improvement experts to drive health improvement for people in Newham.
Now, for the very first time, the Newham Partnership Programme will be holding an event to share the learning and successes from two highly impactful programmes:
- More Than Mentors - a peer mentoring programme, helping to build emotional resilience in school-age children.
- Peer-support in diabetes - a support programme helping young people with diabetes to self-manage their condition.
Highlights will include:
· The opportunity to hear directly from the young people who’ve benefitted from the programme.
· Top tips on how to roll out a similar model of work in your area.
· The value of engaging young people in co-production and service re-design.
· The launch of a new suite of video resources to support young people with diabetes.
We will forward a final agenda in due course. If you have any queries please contact Sarah.Seaholme@uclpartners.com, Programme Lead for the Newham CCG/UCLPartners programme.