Actions and Detail Panel
Newport Workshop: Challenging people who hold prejudiced views.
Wed 7 December 2016, 18:00 – 21:00 GMT
Numbers for this course are limited. Once you have registered, your place and the location of the training will be confirmed by email.
Changing people’s views is rarely achieved through the medium of good rhetoric or great speeches. What we believe is based on ideas about the world that are developed over many years. We tend to seek out information that confirm our existing beliefs, and ignore information that doesn’t.
This training focuses on the techniques needed to bring people around to a different way of thinking, and how to effectively & respectfully navigate challenging conversations about immigration and multiculturalism.
Some of the topics we will cover:
- Who do we need to speak to? How?
- The myth of mythbusting and the power of narrative.
- Empathetic Listening & Socratic Questioning (learning lessons from USA LGBT campaigners)
- Putting skills to practice in the community.
- Learning to create inclusive local narratives through shared action.
For more information please email email@example.com