Actions and Detail Panel
Wed, 8 Feb 2017, 09:00 – Thu, 9 Feb 2017, 17:00 GMT
Journalism.co.uk’s next newsrewired digital journalism conference is taking place on 8 February at the Reuters offices in London,
We’re pleased to be able to announce some of the sessions delegates will be able to join in February and the first confirmed speakers, including experts from the Guardian, The Telegraph, The Wall Street Journal and On Our Radar.
Here’s what's on the agenda so far:
- The new grammar of live video online – Our opening panel will discuss the impact live video on Facebook and Periscope can have on audience engagement, from the formats that work best, to the technology, the workflows and the ethical considerations needed before a successful live stream.
- Automation in the newsroom – We’ve heard a lot of about robot journalism, including some concerned voices. But how can automation help editorial teams and what resources are required to power these projects?
- Making data visualisations and interactives work on mobile – Delegates will hear from data teams in newsrooms about the practical ups and downs of making their work more mobile-friendly.
- Collaborative storytelling – How On Our Radar uses technology to source stories from remote communities.
- Special projects – Some editorial initiatives bring down newsroom walls and get many different teams working together. Our panel will share insights into the special projects strategies in their newsrooms, and the challenges and opportunities they bring to their organisations.
- Digital security for journalists – A workshop outlining the basics of information security for newsrooms, and explaining why you should be concerned with privacy online in the first place.
Journalism.co.uk will also be hosting a day of training at Reuters on 9 February 2017.
Delegates can also register for newsrewired+, which will give them access to the conference on 8 February and one of three hands-on workshops the following day.
They represent a 10 per cent discount compared to booking tickets for both days separately.
More details about the training day will be announced soon.