San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
AIDF Asia Summit 2017
14-15 June 2016
The Aid & Development Asia Summit 2016 looks at how technological innovations and best practice can improve aid and development work in Asia-Pacific.
Gathering all key stakeholder groups including UN and government agencies, development banks, civil societies and the private sector, the Summit provides a unique opportunity for trans-disciplinary discussions and cross-sector networking.
The Aid & Development Asia Summit agenda will focus on building resilience to disasters and climate change, enabling quicker, safer and better emergency response, and ensuring more effective aid delivery and community engagement.
Join 250+ senior executives and advisors from Asian governments, UN agencies, development banks, NGOs, military & defence and civil society organisations and the private sector to:
- Find out about the latest trends in resilience and relief management.
- Discover new innovations and practical solutions, especially around mobile devices.
- Compare your approaches with peers and benefit from first-hand insight from leading solution providers .
- Build long lasting partnerships and more effective collaborations.
During this two-day Summit you will discover new business opportunities, exchange ideas and influence the global debate on improving disaster relief and resilience.
In particular the AIDF Asia Summit 2017 will discuss:
- Overview of current health threats in Asia
- Update on regional health programmes Malaria, TB, HIV, dengue fever
- Disease prevention and control: vaccinations, testing, monitoring
- Strengthening health programmes through the use of mobile technologies
- Evidence-informed policy: ensuring health (and nutrition) promotion reflects the latest science
WASH INNOVATIONS AND GOOD PRACTICE
- Ensuring access to safe drinking water and sanitation
- Discussing water quality and safety
- Examining solutions for water treatment
- Wastewater management in rural areas and resource recovery
- Best practice for improving hygiene awareness and education
MOBILE FOR DEVELOPMENT
- Discussing the impact of mobile devices on development work
- Utilising mobile technology to better reach and engage communities
- Mobile internet: applications, challenges and potential
- mHealth innovations in Asia
- mLearning for distant education and capacity Building community engagement and social media projects
HUMANITARIAN LOGISTICS AND SUPPLY CHAIN CHALLENGES
- Addressing challenges of last mile logistics: how access has changed in some regions
- Best practice for shipping supplies into areas of reduced infrastructure and difficult borders
- Restoring access to devastated areas
- End-to-end visibility: discussing benefits and costs of traceability
- Ensuring agile operations and reducing programme waste
- Lessons learned from recent operations
- How to improve supplier relationship management and long-term partnerships
NEW FINANCING AND ELECTRONIC PAYMENT MODELS
- Applying mobile money as tool in humanitarian and development programmes
- Managing the transition towards digital payments and choosing the right partner
- Comparing different models: credit card, e-voucher, mobile cash transfer
- Addressing security concerns and acceptance
- Currency risk management
- Improving communication with communities (CwC): how can communications with communities become more agile, localised and connected?
- The importance of social networks and data exchange
- Exchanging best practice and experience of social media projects
To find out more, please visit www.asia.aidforum.org.
Save This Event
When & Where
Aid and International Development Forum (AIDF)
The Aid and International Development Forum (AIDF) is the world leading forum specialising in disaster relief, resilience, mobile for development, food security and water security. We unite all stakeholders from government, UN agencies, intergovernmental agencies, NGOs and the private sector by providing a platform for independent debate and knowledge exchange, and for establishing long-lasting partnerships. For over 13 years, AIDF has been committed to improving aid and international development through research and high profile events held at the UN and government buildings in Asia, Africa, North America and Europe. To find out more, download the Aid and International Development Forum brochure.