What does it mean to be effective online and why is it important? The answer is simple: because online is where your supporters are.
But to be effective online... you have to first be online. That’s where this workshop comes in. It will introduce you to the benefits of having an online presence and the basics of setting up and managing a website in order to build awareness and attract support.
Perfectly suited for social entrepreneurs; non-profit organisations; community-based organisations and public benefit organisations, the session will start with a brief case study on GirlHype delivered by GIrlHype Founder and CEO Baratang Miya, who will offer first-hand experiences about how she has used her website and online presence to build awareness of her organisation and attract support.
Questions you can expect to have answered:
- How can non-profits lay the foundation for effective online engagement?
- What is the future of digital spaces for non-profits?
- Where to start and what tools are available?
- Digital fundraising – is your website ready to support donations?
- Is your website content and voice authentic?
- Does your social media support your mission?
- What are some of the risks and challenges, and what can you do to address these?
The workshop is free to attend, but you must register. Places are limited to two people per organisation. Refreshments and lunch will be served.