Online effectiveness is mission-critical. But what does that even look like for NGOs? The truth is, the definition of online success - and how to get there - differs from organisation to organisation; the answers are not universal. But the conversation around it includes some issues that every NGO must consider.
Join us for a collaborative round-table discussion in which experts in the digital field will explore the issue of civil society and digital spaces from a variety of perspectives, including:
- What is the role of social media in building civil society?
- How is digital fundraising changing the donor relationship - and giving overall?
- What are some of the risks and challenges of digital spaces, and what can nonprofits do to address these?
- What are the political/regulatory environment and implications of a new NPO Act?
- What new technology and tools are available to non-profits?
- How are technology partners supporting civil society and non-profits globally?
- How does internet governance work and what voice does civil society have?
- How can non-profits lay the foundation for effective online engagement?
- What is the future of digital spaces for civil society -- opportunities, challenges and potential threats?
- What is the importance of credibility and validation within the sector?
Panelists will include:
- Jeri Curry, President and CEO of Enset
- Baratang Miya, Founder and CEO of GirlHype
- Michelle Jones, Head of Content for Digital Agency RogerWilco
- Gabrielle Ritchie, CEO of The Change Room
- Colin Habberton, IFC Ambassador South Africa
- Michelle Matthews, Head of ED and Innovation, CiTi
Don't miss out this fabulous free event! Places are limited so register today to ensure your seat!