At the NHS Expo conference in September 2015, NHS Chief Executive Simon Stevens announced plans to kick start a major drive to improve the health and wellbeing of 1.3m health service staff, in a bid to benefit both staff and taxpayers.
NHS England has since been supporting a number of NHS organisations to deliver ambitious plans to improve the health and wellbeing of their staff. Further details about the programme can be read HERE. A core component of what these delivery sites are offering includes the NHS Health Check – a brief intervention, comprising of three components; risk assessment, risk awareness and risk management.
This event will provide an opportunity for you to find out what other organisations have been doing in terms of setting up and delivering health checks. Public health professionals will share their experiences and expert knowledge of the national health check programme. You will hear about how delivering health checks in the workplace can be integrated with the local and national system, including linking reporting to GP patient records. It will also provide an opportunity for you to network, ask questions and learn good practice.
At this event you will hear from:
- NHS organisations with experience of delivering health checks;
- Katherine Thompson, Deputy National Lead, NHS Health Checks and Blood Pressure Programme, Public Health England;
- Local Authority Commissioners;
- Health Diagnostics, a company that create patient-focused systems and software that support delivery of health checks;
- ESRO, the lead evaluators of the NHS healthy workforce programme about some of their early findings;