The Welsh Modelling Collaborative (WMC) has been formed to provide fresh opportunities for health analysts, planners, managers and clinicians working in different organisations across NHS Wales to connect, coordinate effort, share methodologies, good practice and knowledge. The mission of the WMC is to increase the pace and scale of modelling initiatives that have been shown to be beneficial, and to translate data into knowledge for shared decision making that can be used to directly improve patient care.
The launch event includes several stroke-related modelling presentations to summarise work that has recently been undertaken in Wales and thus is being jointly run with the National Stroke workshop. Clinicians will be present and interested in exploring ways in which they can use modelling tools to benefit them. Workshops for both analysts and operational staff have been arranged for the afternoon session and we encourage you to actively participate in these to tell use how you would like to see the WMC evolve to better support your endeavours.
Please use the hashtag #NHSModellingCollab to contribute to social media conversations about this event.
- 9.15: Give Get Cards Registration
- 930: Setting the Aims of the Collaboration - Simon Dean (Deputy Chief Executive NHS Wales, Welsh Government)
- 9.40: The Science of Better Decision Making - Janet Williams/Louise Allison (The Operational Research Society)
- 9.50: The Strategic Direction for Developing Capacity, Capability and Infrastructure to Support Modelling within NHS Wales Service Planning and Delivery
- 10.15: Coffee
- 10.30: Continuous Improvement Monitoring - Anselma Dobson-McKittrick (Cardiff University/NHS Delivery Unit)
- 10.50: Simulating Demand & Capacity - Izabela Spernaes (ABCi, Aneurin Bevan University Health Board), Adam Watkins (1,000 Lives) & Julie Vile (NHS Delivery Unit)
- 11.45: Capture Stroke - Cwm Taf University Health Board
- 12.15: Networking Lunch
- 13.00: Stroke-Specific Table Discussions
- 14.15: World Cafe Sessions
- 16.00: Closing Remarks & Next Steps