Actions and Detail Panel
NIGERIA AGRICULTURE: POTATOES & FRENCH FRIES
Wed 22 March 2017, 18:30 – 21:00 GMT
$200Million plus flows out of the Nigerian economy in pursuit of potato chips to be imported into the country yearly. Like the billionaire investor Warren Buffet likes to quote: when the tide goes out you soon discover who has been swimming naked.
Early part of 2016, this made the headliness, KFC runs out of french fries in Nigeria. Note that this situation here is only the tip of the iceberg.
On investigations we identified that the potato value chain is impressive and there is an opportunity to capitalise, so we engaged in a succesful proof of concept in farming potatoes. We are now looking to scale up the operations and figured it would be wise to share our story and find others who might also want to capitalize on the opportunity.
To digress slightly, muse over the video in the link below to see what is happening in the Tomato space in Nigeria. You will need to scroll down the page a little to see the video.
ON THE DAY
1. Overview of the Potato industry In Nigeria
2. Our farming journey so far,
3. The Value chain & Growth trajectory
4. Discussion with Farm Manager of Adeoltem farms.
5. Where and what is the opportunity
6. How you can capitalise and generate a bi-annual income
7. Special guest presentation(Agriculture entrepreneur in Nigeria)
8. Questions & Answers session
We look forward to meeting you.