Nissan Social Media Data Challenge: Using social media to detect early issues
Nissan would like to work with the North East software community to identify opportunities to utilise social media networks to monitor sentiment and identify issues with its vehicles before they become an impact to customer opinion or brand value.
In order to do this, we are running a pilot to give North East software companies the opportunity to access Nissan data, create business opportunities and work with Nissan to solve potential issues.
The pilot will do this by:
- Opening up and giving priority access to closed Nissan Quality Assurance data sets
- Introducing SMEs to potential global brand customers keen to discuss new solutions to their business challenges
- Being involved in a unique project involving Nissan, the Digital Catapult and possibly IBM, gaining national interest and recognition
The data sets will be released at the launch of the ‘Nissan Social Media Challenge’ on the 17th & 18th of July 2015.
The Social Media Challenge will be held at the Sunderland Software Centre (SR1 1PB) and will be an open-innovation day in which representative teams from software companies in the region can meet potential customers and technology specialists from Nissan, local universities and the Digital Catapult Centre to discuss the challenge and begin exploring potential solutions.
This Innovation Challenge will be the start of an ongoing relationship with Nissan and the Digital Catapult North East & Tees Valley with the intention of more closed data sets being made available. Over this period it is hoped the Digital Catapult NETV alongside regional software companies can forge relationships and solve problems for Nissan’s supply chain by releasing value within their data and merge these with open data sources such as social media. Beyond this pilot Nissan hopes to utilise open data from social media to build mutually beneficial business models in which they can understand customer demands in a more sophisticated way.
The Social Media Challenge
On the 17th & 18th July 2015 we want local software businesses to come along and get involved, whilst the full format of the day is yet to be confirmed, it will have the following elements:
- Introduction to the challenge from Digital Catapult NETV and Nissan
- Opportunity to meet Nissan representatives to find out about their business problems
- Space in which early stage exploration and development of data can take place and the ability to speak to Nissan technologists to understand their data sets and how to best use them alongside open social media data
- Opportunity to work alongside social media and big data experts from regional universities
- Demonstration space – if you have any services/products developed already you might want to demonstrate
- Opportunity to network with other software companies in order to explore joint innovation
At present it is expected the challenge will run from 12noon on Friday 17th until 12noon on Saturday 18th of July with food provided.
This project has been developed in partnership with the Digital Catapult Centre North East and Tees Valley consortium which includes all five regional universities and both Local Enterprise Partnerships, Nissan and IBM.
It has been established in the North East as one of the Digital Catapult NETV’s first projects due to the breadth and skill of software companies within the region who can quickly innovative and commercialise products and services.
We think companies will get the best from the Innovation Challenge by bringing along:
- Development staff – to explore the data and speak with Nissan technologists
- Business managers – to speak to potential customers
- Anyone else – attendance is not restricted, the more you bring the better the experience
To discuss this opportunity further or to get involved please contact Naomi Morrow on 0191 562 3351 or firstname.lastname@example.org