This workshop will help a Counci understand where it is at with Digital, help it's plans for a Digital transformation programme and explore opportunities for collaboration and support. A council will benefit most if it sends its Digital champion and Head of ICT.
£1500 per organisation includes 90 day access to the Socitm DMA tool (available immediately after sign up), 2 places at the workshop and the output reports listed under the agenda below.
Note: There must be at least 5 authorities signed up before 21 August for this event to happen.
2. Understanding Digital – What is it? What does it mean for Local Public Service delivery?
3. Digital's' potential? - Building a vision to drive the delivery of change by creating a list of key drivers (top priorities and organisation motives) and enablers (key people, process and technology elements that must be put in place)
4. Digital challenges and risks that will need to be managed? Create high level risk register with impact, probability and mitigations.
5. Review of what’s happening now? Use SOCITM Digital Maturity Assessment tool to provide a diagnostic of where a council is currently positioned.
6. Prioritising projects, programmes and organisational change for Digital to be successful. How to get organisation's aligned around Digital initiatives.
7. Review training and skill gaps to support the above. Discuss how VCDO coaching and support could work for maximum impact.
8. Review appetite and list opportunities and scope for collaborative working across the group.
9. Outline steps to establish Digital Transformation programmes including governance, high-level milestone planning, change reporting, policy impact work, etc
- Digital Maturity Assessment Report at Authority level
- Qualified list of shared working opportunities
- Recommendations and priorities for VCDO support
When & Where
Socitm East Midlands
Socitm is a society for IT/digital leaders, driven by member needs, governed by members at the cutting edge and benefiting all those who use IT to deliver services for the public benefit