The NW London Trainee Voice event will take place on Monday 10 October, 6-9pm at Charing Cross Hospital.This free event includes an informal dinner and is aimed at foundation, core and specialty trainees based in NW London.
Topics to include:
- Dealing with complaints and associated paperwork
- NHS update on the ongoing service reconfiguration
- Getting your number or Preparing for consultancy
- Trainee voice session
Full programme will follow in due course.
Trainee Voice - what is it all about?
The aim of the trainee voice sessions is to understand the concerns of junior doctors and their experience of training and their work environment. To improve the quality of surgical training and support surgical trainees throughout the process, and to continue to support trainees and how vital they are to the NHS. We believe the Government should do more to value their professionalism.
1. Understand the support and services available to trainees from the RCS
2. Opportunity to raise local concerns or feedback where excellence has been experienced in surgery
3. Feedback on improving the junior doctor role locally and more widely Issues and ways of improving surgical training