North Yorkshire New Headteacher Residential Conference May 2017
North Yorkshire New Headteacher Residential Conference
Headteachers who are new to North Yorkshire come together to consider skills and expertise needed to lead a primary school in a rapidly changing system. There will be workshops, discussions and case studies with a visit from a recently appointed headteacher in their second or third year to offer support and advice.
- Welcome to Headship in North Yorkshire - Andy Lancashire Principal Advisor North Yorkshire
- Leadership with impact
- Time management
- Time to lead
- Leading a team
- Working with and developing others
- Roles and responsibilities
- Case study of the leadership journey of an experienced headteachers
- Case study of the leadership journey of a recently appointed headteacher
- Leadership that ensures effective impact - What does evidence tell us?
- Working with governors
- Health and safety
- Leading teaching and learning
- Establishing an effective assessment model
- Preparing for Ofsted
- Developing your self evaluation
- What are the different approaches and models for peer evaluation?
FACITLITATORS: Don Parker and Andy Lancashire
Two days 23rd - 24th March