Actions and Detail Panel
Northern Consulting Case Competition
Sat 10 June 2017, 09:00 – 17:30 BST
The Northwest Biotech Initiative is glad to present its annual Northern Consulting Case Competition!
The Task: Daraga INC is a fictional “big pharma” company aiming to replenish its product portfolio by acquiring a thriving biotech SME. As a consulting team of 3 to 5 people, you will have 10 days to advise the company on merging with/acquiring 4 different candidate SME’s and present your proposed strategy to Daraga INC’s Executive Board composed of a panel of business and healthcare experts.
We welcome applications from anyone studying a degree in Life/Medical Sciences, Business and STEM subjects. Don’t worry - you don’t have to be an expert in pharmaceutical sciences to excel in the competition!
To take part in the competion, please send your CV and team cover letter explaining why your team consultancy should take part in the competition by Sunday 28th May (11:59 PM) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Want to participate but don't have a team? It's ok, just email us your CV by Sunday 14th May (11:59pm) and we'll find a team for you!
Why take part in the competition?
- A cash prize of £1,000 will be awarded to the winning team
- Build business acumen with advice from experienced professionals
- Boost you CV and receive bespoke mentorship on the day of the competition
- Find your next job! (4 compeititors secured jobs during last year’s competition!)
Curious about the event but don't want to compete? Come as a non-competing attendee anyway.
What's in it for you?
- Attend our CV clinic for students interested in starting a career in healthcare/pharmaceutical management consulting
- Attend workshops focused on careers in healthcare consulting, health economics and raising capital in the biotech industry
- Broaden your career horizons and network with experienced healthcare consultants
- Adelphi group
- Earnst and Young
- Blossom Medical
- AXM VC
- and more to be announced!
09.00-09.15 am Welcome from NBI
09.15-10.00 am Talks delivered by members of the judging panel
10.00-10.30 am Coffee break
10.30-11.30 am Competing Team Mentoring Session/ Non-Competing Attendee Workshop 1
11.30-12.30am Competing Team Mentoring Session/ Non-Competing Attendee Workshop 2
12.30-13.30 pm Lunch break
13.30-14.15pm Competing Team Mentoring Session/ Non-Competing Attendee Workshop 3
14.30-16.00pm Team Presentations (10 min/ team)
16.00-16.30pm Judge Deliberation / coffee break
16.30-17.30pm Winner is announced / Wine reception