A practical class where you can learn at your own pace with our experienced, qualified mechanic instructors. This intermediate course is perfect for those who have already attended one of our basic courses or have some previous experience. It runs over a single full Saturday at our professionally equipped community workshop.
Together we will cover the following:
- Gears- selection, set-up and adjustment, replacing cables
- Assessing drive-train wear and trouble shooting
- Chain removal and replacement
- Cassette/freewheel removal and replacement
- Crankset removal and replacement
- Servicing and adjusting Bottom Bracket and Headset bearings
- Wheel hub servicing and adjustment
- Assessing wheel faults
- Truing a minor wheel buckle
We don’t cover hydraulic braking systems, hub gears, electric stuff
You'll be provided with all necessary tools and parts. Free refreshments available including a delicious hot vegetarian lunch.
What are my transport/parking options getting to the event?
If you’re not arriving by bike (which of course we recommend) parking is available directly outside the workshop on Ayr Street. The High School tram stop is 400m away and the NCT turquoise bus service (77-80) stops even closer on Alfreton Road.
What can/can't I bring to the event?
We suggest you bring your own bike to work on. If for some reason you can’t, don’t worry- we can always provide one for you. This is a hands-on course so come in comfortable clothing that you don't mind getting dirty.
Where can I contact the organiser with any questions?
For advice and further details phone Tom or Anthony at Nottingham Bikeworks on 0115 9792433 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org