The Nottingham Remote Workers Society connects you with people with similar lifestyles, so that you can truly benefit from the advantages of a remote working community.
Many remote workers, freelancers and entrepreneurs spend a lot of time on their own, and don't always have an immediate office environment so can feel disconnected from their wider team/organisation and even sometimes from the rest of society.
The Nottingham Remote Workers Society aims to be an inspiring and supportive community where you can enjoy the company of like minded people, and share the experiences, joys and challenges of working outside the 9 to 5 schedule.
The thinking behind the creation of these regular get-togethers is to allow people to meet during the daytime, be it for a coffee, chat or lunch.
What to expect
As this is a newly launched society initiative, the idea is we meet once a week every Friday for lunch between 12-1 for introductions, business connections and networking with the opportunity for people to work together in the cafe/bar area afterwards if they wish.
The agenda, themes, locations could naturally change of time as the society evolves and grows.
Antenna is a business hub at the heart of Nottingham’s rapidly developing Creative Quarter. Whether you’re a sole trader looking for an enterprising space in which to set up your virtual office in Nottingham – or an ambitious business hoping to collaborate with like-minded companies – Antenna is your space to meet, greet and create.
In order to use the facilities, you have to be a member which is £25+ VAT per year; amazing value for what's included. See below.
- Access to Antenna Bar & Kitchen for you and four guests
- Antenna Bar & Kitchen is open to members from 8am – 8pm Monday to Friday. You can use the space however it best suits you – work all day in your own virtual office, just drop in for a coffee or book a client lunch.
- FREE Super-fast Ultraband
- Access to Antenna’s networking and business events
- Whether you’re seeking inspiration, like-minded creatives or motivation, Antenna has a broad range of events on offer for members.
- State-of-the-art presentation facilities are available to all Antenna members, as well as reception, printing and postal services
There is also car parking right opposite the Antenna building at incredibly low rates for city centre.
Sat Nav post code NG1 1EA.
30 mins = 50p
1 hr = £1.00
2 hrs = £1.50
3 hrs = £2.00
4 hrs = £2.50
12 hrs = £3.50
I am in no way affiliated with Antenna, this is simply a place which I've found to be hugely productive for me and allowed me a change of scenery a few times a week instead of working from home.
Please book a ticket so we know to look out for you in the bar from 12pm.
See you at the next meetup!