San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
We are delighted and very grateful to be hosting an event at Bluecoat Academy. Both NTEN member and non-NTEN member schools are welcome to attend. We hope to help you answer the following questions:
- How can I support staff to engage in their own professional learning?
- What does the research show is important to engagement in professional learning?
- What steps can I take to support my staff in this?
Some key themes discussed will be ensuring CPD is relevant, setting a vision for CPD, facilitating pupil-focussed CPD, meeting the needs of staff and balancing the workload of staff.
The day will include some input from schools on engaging staff in their own professional learning, we have a panel consisting of two primary schools and three high schools who will discuss the ways in which they have successfully engaged staff in CPD and established a developmental learning culture.
NTEN Member Panel
- Hodge Hill Primary School @HodgeHPS
- Robin Hood Primary School
- Belmont Community School @Belmont_School @dan_brinton
- Sidney Stringer Academy @SidneyStringerA
- Saffron Walden County High School
The day will also include an overview of the current evidence on engagement in professional learning, including from our latest commissioned research. You will also have the opportunity to learn from other schools present through a speed networking session.
A timetable will follow shortly. Lunch and light refreshments will be provided.