Actions and Detail Panel
Numicon Taster - Rochester - 28 November 2016
Mon 28 November 2016, 13:30 – 16:30 GMT
Mastery: what does it mean and how can we achieve it?
With research-based resources and rigorous teaching support from nursery to Year 6, the Numicon whole-school approach enables all teachers to teach the higher expectations of the 2014 National Curriculum with confidence.
The Numicon approach, centred around three guiding principles: communicating mathematically; generalizing; and making connections, allows children to understand, confidently explore and master abstract mathematical concepts and ensures consistency in teaching and learning across the primary phase.
In this FREE half-day workshop we will:
• Demonstrate how to track children’s mastery of key mathematical concepts and progress throughout the year
• Exemplify how this approach enables you to formatively assess mathematical knowledge and understanding accurately
• Clarify how Numicon meets all National Curriculum aims and objectives for every key stage
• Illustrate how Numicon embodies the concrete, pictorial and abstract approach through low-threshold/ high-ceiling activities
• Show you how Numicon can help all your pupils achieve in mathematics
When: Monday 28th November 2016, 1.30-4.30pm
Where: Sir Joseph Williamson's Mathematical School, Maidstone Road, Rochester, Kent, ME1 3EL.
This event is for Head Teachers from schools who do not currently use Numicon and would like to find out more about this proven approach to teaching maths.
How many places are available: 30
Owing to the popularity of these events, places are limited to one delegate per school.
Parking information: There is parking available in the lower car park.