Nutrigenomics In Practice: Detoxification & Biotransformation
The seminar is designed for nutritional therapists and healthcare professionals to learn more about the genes, variants and nutrient interactions that impact detoxification and to gain the confidence to use this knowledge in clinical practice.
1. Genetics, genomics and nutrigenomics - foundational principals of nutrigenomics in a functional medicine context. Chromosomes, genes and variants. Genetic susceptibilities and resiliance. How nutrients impact gene expression and how genes impact nutrient metabolism.
2. Detoxification - Overview of the Phase 1 and Phase 2 liver pathways their effect on immunity and allergy, nervous system, metabolism and energy, cardiovascular health and hormonal health.
3. Nutrigenomics of detoxification - genes, variants and nutrient interactions - The function of the genes and enzymes involved in Phase 1 - cytochrome P450 (CYP) family and Phase 2 reactions (sulphation, glucuronidation, glutathione conjucation, acetylation, amino acid conjucation and methylation) and the potential impact of genetic variants. The role of nutrients and cofactors such as vitamins B3, B6, B9 (folate), B12, A, flavonoids, phospholipids, glycine, taurine, NAC, cysteine, methionine in detoxification, as well as other anti-oxidant nutrients. The impact of the environment (epigenetics) on toxicity and detoxification - with a focus on endotoxins and exotoxins.
4. Nutrigenomics of oestrogen metabolism and detoxification - A focus on the variants and nutrients that improve and impede oestrogen synthesis, metabolism and elimination
5. Genotype testing and analysis in practice - *case studies - Hands on session to equip practitioners to use nutrigenomics in practice. Linking genetic variants to relevant functional tests and personalised naturopathic nutrition plans.
6. Nutrigenomics resources and support - What next? Websites, specialist groups and meetups, tools and analysis, how to keep up with the latest research.
INGENEIUS REPORT OFFER!
Would you like to bring your own genotype report along to follow during the seminar?
As a seminar attendee you can purchase a DNA test + Detoxification report for just £99 (RRP £249), a saving of £150! Your unique discount code can be found on your order confirmation email.
Already have 23andMe results? You can order our Detoxification genotype report* for just £49 (RRP £149), a saving of £100. To order the report please register at app.ingeneius.co.uk and enter your unique code (which can be found on your order confirmation email) at payment stage, before you input any payment details.
**Note: a 23andMe genotype test is required in order to run the report and this will have a lead time of about 4 weeks.
Karen Harrison BSc (Hons) Dip CNM mBANT rCNHC
5.5 hours CPD (BANT & NNA) (pending)
If you have any questions please contact email@example.com