Actions and Detail Panel
NVBLQ - National Vocational beach lifeguard Qualification - Easter - Dublin
Fri, 7 Apr 2017, 08:45 – Wed, 12 Apr 2017, 17:00 IST
You have recently booked into the National Vocational Beach Lifeguard course with Atlantic coast lifeguards.
Please read the below information thouroughly and click the attend event button above when you have done so.
Location: Whtesands Hotel, Portmarnock, Dublin
- 07/08/09/10/11/12 April 2017l 2017 09.00 - 18.00 daily
- Swim 400metre front crawl in under 7min 30 seconds - without stopping. failure to do this on day one will be you not being able to particpate on teh course with no refund
- Have surfed 3 times
- Submerge to a depth of 2 metres
- Swim side stroke for 100metres
- Run 200metres in less than a minute
What to bring to course:
- Minimum 5/3 winter wetsuit
- Booties/hood - gloves optional
- Towel for beach/pool
- Swim togs - no board shorts
- Warm clothes for afetr the water sessions
- Rain gear for the beach - if its raining we will be standing in it during beach theory so bring waterproofs
- Silcone hat
If you do not have the gear - find it/buy it - do not come on the course without it - It is a health and safety requirment and I cannot let you in the water without the right gear
How each day will go:
- We wil be in the pool each friday and the final Sunday
- Theory everyday with practical first aid and lifesupport
- Beach water work each day for 3 hours
What qualifications you can acheive:
- RLSS/RNLI National vocational beach lifeguard qualification - of international recougnition
- Life support
- First aid
- Surf rescue
This qualification is the the leader in the world for Beach lifeguard, hence the intensive long days.
- To be made to www.atlanticcoastlifeguards.com by 25/03/2017
Renewals to attend 07 then11/12 April. But can come on other days if required
This course is very intensive however the RNLI will only except this award. Thats what makes it so strong for gaining work. Its is the most intensive course in Ireland but it will allow you the knowledge that you are a strong lifeguard.
The RNLI and several local councils have their applications for this summer out already with closing dates before mid feb so start applying now and state you are booked onto a course with Atlantic coast lifeguards.
Interviews are generrally in early April.
# BEALIFEGUARD #BESTSUMMERJOB