Forces vs Fads
With effective trend tracking and application, a business can spot new opportunities ahead of competitors, improve the effectiveness of innovation and pre-empt emerging threats. Yet all too often – under the pressure of day to day targets – it is easier to be a mole than a meerkat. And even if you are scanning the horizon, it can be hard to differentiate between a force that will shape the future and a passing fad.
This one-day workshop distils our expertise – from nearly 20 years as a leader in the global trends and futures industry. You will gain not only an understanding of how to identify, measure and decode a trend but also, crucially, techniques for application: how to turn trends into commercial opportunity and competitive advantage.
WHAT YOU'LL LEARN
- What defines a trend; how to identify trends and measure change.
- How to spot the right trends/ differentiate a trend from a fad; the role of research.
- Understanding of key trends impacting the future consumer landscape.
- How to apply trends for actionable insight and profitable outcomes
- How to prioritise trends to create a tailored framework for your business/needs.
- How to use trends to identify opportunities and new concepts.
WORKSHOP CONTENT & DETAILS
- One day: 0930-1730 (lunch provided).
- Immersive and interactive programme: engaging inputs combined with group discussion and exercises.
- Deep dive into key trends: proprietary Future Foundation content/analysis.
- Can be run as bespoke/in-house or public session.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
- Insight and marketing professionals.
- Agency planners/client service personnel.
When & Where
Future Foundation are a leading independent global consumer trends and insight firm working with smart, future focused, businesses.
We transform strategy, marketing, research, service, innovation, customer analysis and training to strengthen businesses to not withstand but understand the changing world around them and thrive in it.
Since its inception, the Future Foundation has worked in a consultancy capacity with +200 global clients from a range of sectors including FMCG, finance, automotive, retail, charity amongst others. We are a genuine partner to your business.