Our one day Foundation Training Course is designed to follow on from our innovative E-Learning course 'Tackling CSE' or other similar basic educational courses and is developed to improve understanding and the impact of CSE.
- Young people who are at risk of exploitation, trafficking and slavery
- Inclusion of relevant case studies
- Definitions of CSE, Trafficking and Slavery
- The National Referral Mechanism
- Thorough understanding of Child Sexual Exploitation (CSE), its potential extent, victim and perpetrator profiles, models and places of exploitation
- Case studies will explain the different models of CSE currently being seen in the UK
- The coercive control module will develop the participant's ability to identify the type of control being exerted on the young person, allowing the development of stratagies to overcome them
- Participants will understand how to assess a young person at risk of CSE and gain increased confidence and ability to assess where and when to make the most appropriate referrals
- Understand the benefits of the Modern Day Slavery Act 2015 sections 1 &2 and how this legislation can be used to combat CSE locally
- An introduction to the National Referral Mechanism (NRM) and the statutory responsibility of agencies to refer potential victims. This understanding will help to ensure good quality referrals enabling positive outcomes fro potential victims
- Gain an understanding of consent in relation to children and sexual exploitation and the issue of confidentiality versus safeguarding
On completion of the course participants will receive a certificate and the NWG Foundtaion Course electronis badge that can be displayed on their email signiture.
"All great. It was a fantastic course, extremely informative and worthwhile. Very well trained. Nothing negative to report" (LA)
"The trainers were fantastic" (HD)
"the training was excellent" (JM)
Dietary / Personal Requirements
Should you have any dietary requirements or any personal needs requiring adjustments to be made to the facilities or delivery style of the event, please inform Wendy@nwgnetwork.org as soon as possible? If you prefer to discuss your needs please contact Wendy on 01332 585371 before you attend the course.
What are my transport/parking options getting to the event?
NWG , Innovation House, East Service Road, Raynesway, Derby DE21 7BF Map: https://goo.gl/maps/beMk18hcYV32
The venue is located on the East Service Road just off Raynesway (A5111). (look for a red sign " UK Trade and Investment") turn into the Riverside Business Park and follow it to the right and right again into the large car park - you can park anywhere in the car park for free and head for the far left corner where our offices are located) We are easy accessibility to J24 of the M1 and East Midlands Airport via the A50, reached by the A5111 and A6.
The adjacent A52 dual carriageway is one of the city's principle transport routes, connection with J25 of the M1 to the east before passing into the neighbouring city of Nottingham.
It is a 20 minute cycle or a 10 minute taxi ride from the closest train station (Derby) or a 40/50 minute walk along the river!
Please note that unfortunately our offices are not step free
Where can I contact the organiser with any questions?
Should you have any queries or require any further information please contact email@example.com
What is the refund policy?