Actions and Detail Panel
NWG Child Sexual Exploitation Foundation Training
Wed, May 10, 2017, 9:30 AM – 4:00 PM BST
This CPD accredited course has been developed with the expertise learnt through the Response Unit leading specialist’s engagement with practitioners from a wide range of disciplines. The course continually updates with the latest understanding through a dynamic engagement with our trainer and Response Unit lead specialists.
This will give delegates enhanced consideration of the latest in depth knowledge and understanding of impacts of Child Sexual Exploitation and associated issues and complexities.
- Define Child Sexual Exploitation (CSE) and articulate its prevalence.
- Describe the NWG Process of CSE and what happens within the stages of the process.
- Recognise the various models of CSE.
- Articulate what they have learnt about perpetrators of CSE.
- Identify indicators of CSE and vulnerabilities of young people.
- Understand what consent means and its connection with CSE.
- Explain the relevance of young people who go missing and understand the risk they face.
- Appreciate the barriers that young people face when engaging with services and practitioners.
- Define Human Trafficking and describe each element.
- Recognise the significance of the Victim Identification Tool (NRM) in supporting victims of trafficking.
On completion of the course participants will receive a certificate and the NWG Foundtaion Course electronis badge that can be displayed on their email signiture.
"All great. It was a fantastic course, extremely informative and worthwhile. Very well trained. Nothing negative to report" (LA)
"The trainers were fantastic" (HD)
"the training was excellent" (JM)
Dietary / Personal Requirements
Should you have any dietary requirements or any personal needs requiring adjustments to be made to the facilities or delivery style of the event, please inform Wendy@nwgnetwork.org as soon as possible? If you prefer to discuss your needs please contact Wendy on 01332 585371 before you attend the course.
What are my transport/parking options getting to the event?
NWG , Innovation House, East Service Road, Raynesway, Derby DE21 7BF Map: https://goo.gl/maps/beMk18hcYV32
The venue is located on the East Service Road just off Raynesway (A5111). Turn into the Riverside Business Park and follow it to the right and right again into the large car park - you can park anywhere in the car park for free and head for the far left corner where our offices are located) We are easy accessibility to J24 of the M1 and East Midlands Airport via the A50, reached by the A5111 and A6.
The adjacent A52 dual carriageway is one of the city's principle transport routes, connection with J25 of the M1 to the east before passing into the neighbouring city of Nottingham.
It is a 20 minute cycle or a 10 minute taxi ride from the closest train station (Derby) or a 40/50 minute walk along the river!
Please note that unfortunately our offices are not step free
Where can I contact the organiser with any questions?
Should you have any queries or require any further information please contact email@example.com
What is the refund policy?