The course has been developed with the expertise learnt through the Response Unit leading specialist’s engagement with practitioners from a wide range of disciplines. The course continually updates with the latest understanding through a dynamic engagement with our trainer and Response Unit lead specialists.
This will give delegates enhanced consideration of the latest in depth knowledge and understanding of impacts of Child Sexual Exploitation and associated issues and complexities.
The Foundation Training Course is designed to follow on from our innovative e-learning course ‘Tackling CSE’.
· Thorough understanding of Child Sexual Exploitation; its reach, the NWG process of Child Sexual Exploitation victim and perpetrator profiles and models.
· In depth awareness of Missing and Consent and their importance when supporting young people who are at risk of exploitation or who are being exploited.
· Assess their effectiveness when working in partnership with others including young people and families.
· Identify and understand how sexual exploitation can impact on young people and those around them and how they respond to the trauma of Sexual Exploitation.
· Define trafficking and explain how the Modern Day Slavery Act 2015 can benefit victims of Child Sexual Exploitation.
· Have an awareness of the Victim Identification Tool (NRM) and the statutory responsibility agencies have to refer potential victims of trafficking. This awareness will provide them with information on the process of the NRM.
On completion of this course participants will receive a certificate and the NWG Foundation Course electronic badge that can be displayed on their email signature.
Please note that Registration is from 9 am - the days training starts at 09:30am
9:00 - 09:30: Registration, Tea & Coffee
Definitions & the Child Sexual Exploitation Process
Models of Exploitation
11:15 - 11:30: Coffee
Indicators of Child Sexual Exploitation
Barriers to Disclosure
13:00 -13:30: Lunch (provided)
Trauma and the impact of Child Sexual Exploitation
Support, Therapeutic Care and Accommadation (Young Peoples Perspective)
14:30 - 14:45: Coffee
Early Intervention and Multi-Agency Responses
15:45 - 16:00: Evaluation and Certification
This is a CPD Course
Dietary / Personal Requirements
Should you have any dietary requirements or any personal needs requiring adjustments to be made to the facilities or delivery style of the event, please inform Wendy@nwgnetwork.org as soon as possible? If you prefer to discuss your needs please contact Wendy on 01332 585371 before you attend the course.
What are my transport/parking options getting to the event?
NWG , Innovation House, East Service Road, Raynesway, Derby DE21 7BF Map: https://goo.gl/maps/beMk18hcYV32
The venue is located on the East Service Road just off Raynesway (A5111). (look for a sign " UK Trade and Investment") turn into the Riverside Business Park and follow it to the right and right again into the large car park - you can park anywhere in the car park for free and head for the far left corner where our offices are located) We are easy accessibility to J24 of the M1 and East Midlands Airport via the A50, reached by the A5111 and A6.
The adjacent A52 dual carriageway is one of the city's principle transport routes, connection with J25 of the M1 to the east before passing into the neighbouring city of Nottingham.
It is a 20 minute cycle or a 10 minute taxi ride from the closest train station (Derby) or a 40/50 minute walk along the river!
Please note that unfortunately our offices are not step free
Where can I contact the organiser with any questions?
Should you have any queries or require any further information please contact email@example.com
What is the refund policy?