Fun Run (10k, 5k runs round the village)
- 2 pm: start of 10k and 5k runs from Peter Houseman field
Registration for all runs is in Oakley Junior School hall from 10 am until 30 min before the run start time on Saturday. You will need to print your ticket and bring it to the School Hall before the run to collect your number.
- £6 adult;
- £3 for all under 18’s for 10k and 5k runs;
7 – 13 year olds should be accompanied if taking part in 5k or 10k run, as this is on village pavements and roads
- Youngsters running 10k should be age 11+
- Youngsters running 5k should be age 7+
Note: you will be able to swap between 5k and 10k on the day, when you collect your number, if you change your mind!
Advice to Runners
It is your responsibility to ensure that you are in good health and physically able to complete the run. Oakley Community Association has risk assessed the activity and made reasonable endeavours to ensure your safety and enjoyment, but accepts no responsibility for runners or their property.
- The swapping of running numbers is strictly forbidden.
- No Rollerblades entries and no headphones to be worn whilst running.
- Buggies and dogs are not permitted.
- Parents remain responsible for their children at all times
- It is the responsibility of all entrants to make sure that they know the route as shown at registration
- Strictly no cars or bikes to follow runners around the course
Please be aware that the roads around the village remain open to traffic, so once into the village please run in single file and on the footpaths in accordance with the Highway Code. This is particularly important when crossing the three railway bridges in the village where it is NOT safe to run in the road.
If you feel unwell at all when on the course please alert one of the designated marshals wearing hi-vis, or call 07702 628495 and assistance will be provided. Refreshments will be provided free of charge at the end of the event.
Runners looking to complete the course quickly should start the run from the start of the pack with those looking to have fun with the family starting further back. There will be staggered start with those taking part in the 10km run leaving first followed by those involved in the 5km run.
This is not a timed event.
BE SAFE, HAVE FUN!