Actions and Detail Panel
OLM Introductory Evening - North Wilts
Thu 4 May 2017, 19:30 – 21:30 BST
At the September 2016 Diocesan Synod we presented a draft vocations plan to reach the National Church goal of increasing stipendiary vocations by 50%. Understandably there were questions raised about continuing our exploration of Self Supporting Ministry vocations for Ordained Local Ministers (OLMs) and Assistant Minister (AMs).
As a result we are running three evenings across the Diocese to allow those who might be interested to come and explore a call to OLM. (These evenings cover the same content so you only need to attend one of them).
- 4th May - St Giles, The Street, Lea, MALMESBURY, SN16 9PB
- 24th May - St Barnabas, Ferndale Road, Gorse Hill, SWINDON, SN2 1BU
- 21st June - St Aidan, Fir Tree Lane, St George, BRISTOL, BS5 8TZ
OLMs are locally focussed Self Supporting Ministers and the vocational pathway is similar to the journey for other ordained ministers. However there are some myths which need to be dealt with.
- It is open to anyone and it is not a requirement to be a Licensed Lay Minister first
- Candidates do need to go to National selection
- Candidates will train for 2 or 3 years depending on circumstances at Trinity College on a part time evening based pathway
Any prospective candidates who would like to explore this possibility ideally need to attend one of the introductory evenings and, where at all possible, their incumbent or another clergy colleague need to attend with them.
If prospective candidates and/or their incumbent cannot attend any of these dates then please be in touch with Helen Collins (Helen.Collins@bristoldiocese.org) to arrange a separate conversation.