Level 2 Food Safety
The e-Learning Level 2 Award in Food Safety (Catering) is provided on-line and is completed at your own pace.
Who needs this qualification?
Anyone working in a catering setting.
Typical environments may include:
- pubs, hotels, restaurants
- care homes
Why is this training important?
Food safety combines a number of practices to reduce health hazards. These include premises, hygiene, personal hygeine, risk control, pest control and waste management. This level 2 food safety course is about minimising the level of potential hazards in a food catering setting.
MODULE 1 - Food safety law and your responsibilities
- What is Food Safety?
- Food Safety Legislation
- Corporate Liability & Due Diligence
- HACCP Principles
- Premises Hygiene Standards
- Personal Hygiene Standards
- Cross Contamination & Reporting
- Food Safety Enforcement Action
MODULE 2 - Control of hazards from delivery to service
- Hazards from Delivery to Service
- Contamination Hazards
- Food-Borne Diseases, Causes, Symptoms & Illnesses
- Food Poisoning, Sources, Symptoms and illnesses
- Food Packaging & Containment
MODULE 3 - Risk control and preventing contamination
- Food Poisoning – Its Control & Prevention
- Principles of Safe Storage
- Preservation Methods
- Temperature Control
- Cooking, Hot Holding and Re-Heating
- Food Premises & Equipment
- Safe Storage & Use of Chemicals
- Safe Cleaning & Use of Disinfection
MODULE 4 - Food pests & control, food premises, equipment and food handlers and personal equipment
- Food Pests
- Personal Hygiene Practices
- Those learners who successfully complete the assessment and are deemed to have reached the pass mark are awarded a RoSPA certificate. Simply download and print the digital certificate (as many copies as you like).
- Online by way of PayPal. All major credit cards are accepted.
- Once payment has been received. You will automatically be sent an email with your registration details and code.
Enjoy the freedom and flexibility of completing the course at home or work, on your computer, laptop, smartphone or tablet and at your own pace.
Save This Event
When & Where
Pennine Training Services
Pennine Training Services has been serving the community and providing training since 1999 and is a registered training centre for both Highfield Awarding Body for Compliance and Edexcel. Each one of our trainers is registered with the HABC, Edexcel and the Chartered Institute for Environmental Health (CIEH).
Pennine Training Services has trained thousands of people on health & safety and food safety throughout the UK including the Military, Care Homes Industry, Her Majesty’s Prison Service, Marks & Spencer, McDonald’s, CO-OP, MOTO, Sure Start Centres, Cadbury’s and Colleges and many, many more…
It’s important that you get the best from the health & safety and food safety training we provide, therefore, we at Pennine Training Services focus on providing you with a learning experience that is valuable, rewarding and enjoyable. The courses are very much an interaction of teacher and learner. We use traditional methods to teach health & safety and food safety, we use video, quizzes, discussion and problem solving activities all of which are designed to enhance your learning experience. On completion, the successful learner will receive an accredited certificate.