This 10-hour course (5 hours guided, 5 hours self-learn) is accredited by ONE Awards (formerly known as OCN - The Open College Network). There is an open book assessment to complete at the end of the course.
It is recommended that learners attend the awareness training before embarking on this programme of study, or have some experience of living or working with individuals on the autism spectrum.
Whenever possible we engage guest speakers who are on the autism spectrum on this course to explain their unique personal circumstances.
By the end of this course you will:
* Know the meaning of the term autism spectrum
* Know the effects this has on the individual on the autism spectrum
* Be able to support an individual on the autism spectrum using a variety of strategies and interventions
* Have the skills to be both proactive and reactive when dealing with some of the challenging behaviours which individuals on the autism spectrum have
Time: 9.30 am – 2.30 pm
Course materials, refreshments and accreditation fees included
This training can be delivered to individual organisations at own venue
Following this training the learner can progress on to the following programmes:
* OCN Level 3 - Understanding and Supporting Individuals on the Autism Spectrum
* How to write Social Stories for people on the Autism Spectrum
* Behaviours that challenge and the Autism Spectrum
* Recognising Autistic Traits
All profits from this training go towards improving the lives of individuals and families on the autism spectrum