One Planet City: The Finale
An afternoon of free talks and workshops in central Brighton
(suitable for adults over 16)
If you’re keen on One Planet Living, fanatical about photography or just want an inspiring afternoon, this event is for you.
Saturday 13 June, 1 – 5pm
Conference Hall, Jubilee Library, Jubilee Street, Brighton, BN1 1GE
One Planet City competition winners announced
Talks from three of the One Planet City photographers
Two participatory workshops led by industry specialists – on photography or the environment
- Photography and One Planet Living will come together to stunning visual effect at this free event where we will showcase all the entries to our One Planet City public photography competition, announce the winners and present the prizes.
- Hear from three of the One Planet City photographers talking about their commissioned photo essays: Syd Shelton, Amanda Jackson & Jonathan Goldberg
- Join one of two possible workshops:
- How do professional photographers respond to commissioning briefs and how does this differ from generating their own work ?
- How do we live more environmentally in the city according to One Planet Living principles, what differences can we make in our own lives?
You will be able to sign up to the workshop you are most interested in on arrival.
One Planet City
As part of the One Planet City photography project, FotoDocument, Bioregional and Photoworks, commissioned ten professional photographers to each create a photo essay on one of the ten principles of One Planet Living.
The work has been on display in twelve diverse public locations around the city since October 2014, when it launched as part of the Brighton Photo Biennial. Venues include Hove Promenade, Brighton Railway Station, Brighton Open Market, Amex Community Football Stadium.
The exhibitions have more recently been accompanied by a public competition, open to all Brighton & Hove residents, until 31 May. All entries are displayed on the FotoDocument website and show One Planet Living principles interpreted by local residents. The winners of the competition will be announced at this event. There's still time to apply before 31 May!