Actions and Detail Panel
Only When I'm Ready - Supporting Young People in Delaying Early Sex
Wed 21 June 2017, 09:30 – 22:00 BST
This one day course will give participants the understanding and skills to help support young people to delay sex, until they feel ready to make positive and informed choices. These approaches are designed to give staff practical strategies for discussing 'Only when I'm Ready' while continuing to support those who choose to become sexually active. .
Topics covered include:
- The causes and effects of early sex and current research findings
- Understand the role played by media and peer pressure in early sex
- A range of practical ways of working with young people to help them make positive and healthy decisions for themselves
- Strategies to help young people consider alternatives to having sex
- Considering the role played by friendships and supportive adults and professionals in supporting 'Only when I'm Ready' '
- The values we bring to this work