San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
OPAL/ documentation update
This update will introduce the Online Portfolio for Assessment (OPAL) that is being introduced for the Health and Social Care Courses at Bournemouth University. You will need to register in order to access the student’s assessment tool.
Much of the update will be focussed on the student assessment process in relation to the roles and responsibilities of the mentor. The NMC(2008) require mentors to be able to evidence their on-going development through tri-ennial review. This update will help you to reflect upon your role.
By attending this update you will be able to:
- Ascertain how you have met the NMC standards for mentorship
- Reflected upon the process you use to reliably and consistently assess student practice
- Have reviewed the practice assessment process for BU nursing students
- Identify areas for development of the mentor role
- Consider how your mentor activity may help provide evidence for revalidation
- Be aware of how to access OPAL
This equates to 2 hours of participatory CPD