San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
Directed by Martin Scorsese and nominated for 11 Academy Awards, The Aviator depicts the true story of aviation pioneer, Howard Hughes who successfully flew around the world in four days. Screened on the external facade of 1935 wind tunnel Q121, the film and the setting will make for a perfect summer evening.
- Arrival as of 8pm
- Screening of The Aviator will start from 9pm
- Between 8pm and 9pm you will have the opportunity to look around the wind tunnels' mutli-sensory experience
- Please feel free to bring your own picnics, chairs and blankets for confort. There is an area of lawn opposite the screen for visitors to be seated, otherwise the majority is hard surface so we suggest you bring your own chairs where possible.
- A bar providing alcohol, soft drinks & water will be available - please note this is a cash only bar
- We suggest visitors to bring warm clothing for later in the evening. If it does rain during the evening, the screening will be moved indoors.
- Parking will be provided on site - postcode GU14 7JP. Please follow AA signes for disabled parking and then park to the left of building Q121.
When & Where
Artliner, an organisation which stages art experiences around the world, will this year launch The Wind Tunnel Project. Opening on the 9th of June 2014 for six-weeks, the inaugural exhibition will be housed in and around 1917 and 1935 Grade 1 and 2 listed buidling which will open to the public for the first time in history.