San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
This is an all day fringe event organised by the Open Development Working Group is sponsored by Making All Vocies Count. We will have a few set participatory sessions (no Powerpoints!) in addition to open space that will allow participants to hack the agenda to ensure that we are able to discuss the important issues and relevant themes emerging from discussions at OKFestival. The following sessions and topics for discussion have currently been proposed (more details about these session can be found on our hack pad here).
- Privacy and protection and how to analyze risk of open data to vulnerable population (Linda Raftree and Zara Rahman)
- Fast, Open and Free? Putting a value on Open Development Knowledge. (Peter Mason and Laura Meggiolaro)
- International Aid Transparency Initiative DocumentSprint session: build a glossary of aid transparency terms in an hour!
- IATI Toolkit:help us discover and categorise tools that support the use of IATI data, to support the Open Development Toolkit
- Emerging Insights from Making All Voices Count
- Open Science & Education for Development
- Direct Citizen Engagement and its effect on Democracy
Additional Suggested Topics of Discussion
- Open Development Manifesto
- Open Development Research Publishing
- Ethics and Development Projects
- IATI and Open Contracting Data Uses at the Country Level
- Follow the Money Working Session
Tea, Coffee and Lucnh will be available and this event is free and open to everyone!!!
This event is kindly sponsored by Making All Voices Count: