Open Forums: Making a Better Future
Monday, 13 October 2014 from 18:30 to 20:00 (BST)
San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
You are warmly invited to this Open Forum organised by Shout Out UK,a member of Democracy Matters
With a diverse panel of speakers, representing ideas on both the right and left, we aim to discuss three important questions which have a deciding influence over our country’s political and economic future...
- Should Government take more direct action to prevent climate change, as corporations and individuals cannot be trusted to take the necessary steps themselves?
- Is British democracy being undermined by a lack of education on political systems, the legal system, and economics in schools?
- With Britain potentially poised to leave the EU and Parliament's refusal to intervene militarily in either Iraq or Syria, what is Britain’s future on the world stage?
- What one aspect is most in need of being addressed to improve the future of Britain?*
*The 4th question will not be directed to panellists but instead to members of the audience selected by raffle.
- RT Hon. Julian Huppert MP, Liberal Democratic Party
- RT Hon. Zac Goldsmith MP, Conservative Party
- Jack Duffin, Chairman of Young Independence (UKIP Youth)
- Peter Green, Left Unity
- Peter Dombi, Occupy London
We are able to have this event in Parliament thanks to Mr Bob Blackman MP
BOOK via this link:
ABOUT SHOUT OUT UK:
Our mission at Shout Out UK is to report on issues and news stories otherwise ignored by the traditional media. We aim to create an understanding between current affairs around the globe and the history behind each issue. It is our firm belief that the lack of historic context in current mainstream print media is the primary reason behind why many issues around the world seem 'unfix-able'. Our global network of journalists, currently numbering over 4,000, covers news stories without censorship or preference, with the aim to create a newspaper which is incorporative, independent and gives a means of expression to the voiceless generation.
When & Where
Alliance for Learnig Practical Politics, campaigning and people power