Led by the OU's Research & Academic Strategy Office and Strategic Research Area in International Development and Inclusive Innovation, Open IDEAS is an engaging series of networking events for academics.
With a maximum of 20 colleagues per event, you can enjoy 4 minutes of one-to-one, targeted discussion to explore synergies, mutual interests and opportunities with colleagues.
Plus, find out about new funding opportunities under the Global Challenge Research Fund and the range of support the OU can offer you.
Key research areas
1. Secure and resilient food systems supported by sustainable agriculture
2. Sustainable health and well being
3. Inclusive and equitable quality education
4. Clean air, water and sanitation
5. Renewable energy and materials
6. Sustainable livelihoods supported by strong foundations for inclusive economic growth and innovation
7. Resilience and action on short-term environmental shocks and long-term environmental change
8. Sustainable cities and communities
9. Understand and effectively respond to forced displacement and multiple refugee crises
10. Reduce conflict and promote peace, justice and humanitarian action
11. Reduce poverty and inequality, including gender inequalities
9:30 – Tea and coffee
10:00 – Introduction by Professor Giles Mohan, Director of the OU’s SRA in International Development and Inclusive Innovation
10:15 – Speed networking begins
11:45 – Close
11:50 – Tea, coffee and networking
12:30 - End
Secure your place at February's event today