Every Monday night something seismic happens that shapes the future of Lambeth. That shapes the money you have, the food you eat, the energy you use, the house you live in, the places you work…
What problems would you want to fix in your area?
Open Project Night is free space for everyone to host events, trade skills, network and work together on projects that change Lambeth for the better.
I was curious and just showed up:
“At Open Project Night I’ve met friendly people, eaten lovely food, heard inspiring ideas, and contributed to projects changing the future of the area”
“I get so much energy from the ‘can do this’ vibe”
“I just turned up to an Open Project Night not knowing what it was about – and have ended up helping a food project and learning how to crowdfund”
I came with a local project
“Open Project Night has given our project a free space to meet in the centre of Brixton”
“Tonight I came feeling depleted, with low energy – now I'm filled with energy, feeling very alive and excited about our project!”
“Connections, connections, connections”
So far, Open Project Night has been home to projects like:
• Brixton Green – an affordable housing cooperative
• The Rastafari Movement
• Brixton Energy – a renewable energy initiative
• A Bank for Lambeth
• A crowdfunding campaign for a community fridge
• A planning meeting for It’s Your Local Market
• Fundraising work for a local community space
• An impromptu conversation on what makes us generous
What do I do to attend?
Just turn up!
It's free to be here – but do bring something edible along to share.
How do I book a meeting space?
There is a selection process for groups wanting to book our top floor space (for 25 people), and ground floor space (for 8 people).
To apply, fill out this short application form AT LEAST 2 weeks before the Monday you would like to join us.
We assess applications on a scale of 1-5 according to these 5 criteria:
1. events and meetings that benefit Lambeth
2. events and meetings that benefit the public / community
3. events and meetings that might not otherwise be able to afford or access the Hub spaces
4. events and meetings that have a high impact on their attendees
5. events and meetings by groups who haven't used Open Project Night spaces before (ie. if you've made use of the spaces frequently, others may be considered first)
(We are unlikely to give preference to paid events, unless there's a good case for them).
DEADLINE: Your request for the spaces must be with us at least 14 days before your event or meeting date. So if your event or meeting is on the 15th of the month, you must have filled out the Eventbrite form by the 1st.
A member of the Hub team will be in touch on the day following the deadline date to let you know whether or not your application has been successful.
To see photos and details of the spaces, scroll to the bottom of this page.
Know someone who would be interested?
Open Project Night is free and open to everyone. Send this link their way!
When is it on?
Open Project Night is held every Monday night (except Bank Holidays) at Impact Hub Brixton, from 6.30pm to 10.30pm.
Who is involved?
Our 25-person event space. Has a whiteboard. A projector and screen can be provided too. Note there may be some noise transfer from lower floors. We have a soundproof curtain but it doesn't block all sound!
Our 8-person event space. Has whiteboards and flipchart paper. Perfect for board meetings and ideas sessions.