Actions and Detail Panel
Open Source on Azure
Wed 29 March 2017, 10:00 – 16:00 BST
London DevOps in conjunction with Microsoft invite you to join industry experts from Microsoft, Docker and Chef for a one day Open-Source on Azure workshop.
During the hands on workshop you will learn how to enable DevOps practices involving Open Source technologies on Azure. You will be provided with Azure credit to enable you to experience Azure first hand. The day will be divided into three workshops led by Microsoft, Docker and Chef:
CI/CD with Jenkins
- Deploy and configure Jenkins on Azure
- Configure continuous integration between Jenkins and GitHub
- Configure continuous deployment from Jenkins to Azure
Containers with Docker
- Dockerize an existing 3 tier application that utilises Java, Apache, and MongoDB
- Create and push images to Azure Container Registry
- Deploy to Docker Swarm
TDD with Chef InSpec
- Configure Test Kitchen to enable testing on Azure
- Use InSpec to develop tests for a web server
- Use Chef to deploy a webserver, and verify in test kitchen
- Elton Stoneman, Developer Advocate, Docker
- Kimball Johnson, Customer Success Engineer, Chef
- Justin Davies, Open Source Technical Lead, Microsoft
- Marcus Robinson, Technical Evangelist, Microsoft
Arrival from 9:30am for a 10:00 start, with approximate finish at 16:00.
As this is a hands on event please bring a laptop with you - Mac, Linux or Windows
Refreshments will be provided with drinks reception after the event.