Actions and Detail Panel
Open Water for Triathletes
Thu, 15 Jun 2017, 18:00 – Thu, 29 Jun 2017, 20:30 BST
This is a short course for Triathletes to get ready for racing. It includes one session in the pool, followed by two sessions outdoors at Stanton Lakes.
The course dates are
- Thurs 15th June, 6pm-7pm at Foxford School, Grange Road, Coventry, CV6 6BB
- Wed 21st June 6.30pm-8.30pm at Staton Lakes, Broughton Rd, Stoney Stanton, Leicester LE9 4JA
- Wed 28th June 6.30pm-8.30pm at Stanton Lakes, Broughton Rd, Stoney Stanton, Leicester LE9 4JA
The course will include
- Video analysis indoors and outdoors
- Specific open water swimming skills such as siting and swimming straight
- Tips on how to make your swimming faster and more efficient
- Strategies on how to deal with the specific challenges of open water such as the cold, elements, other swimmers, wildlife, wetsuits etc
- Preparing for a the Triahtlon Swim Leg: starts, turns, exits, transitions and swimming in the pack
Who is this course for?
- People who can swim 400m or more of front crawl
- People who are preparing for an open water triathlon
- Experienced triathletes wanting to prepare for their next race
I’ve been taking part in triathlon for more than 10 years and have raced at all distances from sprint distance to Ironman. I started out as a back of the pack swimmer with little clue about what my arms and legs were doing in the water and a kick that would send me backwards. With Total Immersion I’ve learned how to swim efficiently and effortlessly and in 2016 swam the English Channel as part of a 6 person relay team.
As well as personally understanding the challenges, frustrations and sense of achievement that learning to swim can bring, my experience as a full time professional swim coach means that I understand how to help a wide range of swimmers. I’ve worked with fitness and leisure swimmers, complete beginners as well as experienced triathletes looking to get faster.
I am a level 3 Total Immersion Swim coach and a Level 3 Triathlon Coach working full time coaching swimmers and triathletes.