With the Government expecting the NHS to deliver £22 billion in efficiency savings by 2020, operating theatres are experiencing a variety of challenges. The cap on agency staff spending introduced in February 2016 means that many operating theatres are struggling to maintain safe staffing levels. Performance data for over 5,000 surgeons has been released in a move toward greater transparency, but some feel that this will lead to additional stress for remaining staff. In addition to this, austerity measures have resulted in limited access to some technologies that could help drive efficiencies and improve outcomes.
The Operating Theatres Summit 2016 (London) Location to be confirmed
Join us for the Operating Theatres Conference for exclusive insights from health experts on the following topics:
- Staffing – How can operating theatres maintain staff numbers and morale despite austerity measures and a growing skills shortage?
- Safety – What approaches can be made to restoring public confidence in operating theatre safety and maintain safe staffing levels?
- Best Practice – How can operating theatre teams learn from successes and mistakes to ensure best practice?
- Technology – How could technology be harnessed more fully by operating theatres to create efficiencies and improve outcomes?
Come along for a unique opportunity to attend presentations by key healthcare decision makers, quiz experts in keynote discussion panels, see demonstrations of cutting edge technology, and network with others in the field. Don’t miss this crucial healthcare summit.
DISCUSSION POINTS / Join us
The Operating Theatre Summit and Exhibition 2016 boasts a variety of outstanding speakers from across public, private and charity sectors. Each one has been handpicked based on their expertise and achievements, ensuring that delegates enjoy only the highest quality presentations. A wide number of topics will be covered on the day, and delegates can expect speakers to discuss challenges, successes and case studies around the interest areas below:
- An overview of the current pressure operating theatres in the UK are under.
- An understanding the role government can play to alleviate staffing shortages in operating theatres.
- Strategies for delivering an efficient operating theatre pathway from pre-assessment through theatre to discharge using electronic theatre management.
- Understanding the impact of the risks associated with introducing a 7 day NHS.
- Ensuring that even in times of overcapacity, the best operating theatre care can be given.
- Improving performance through Simulated Practice and Assessment – understanding the role of technology in operating theatres.
- Understanding The Assistant Theatre Practitioner (ATP) Scope of Practice – knowing the benefits of this process.
- Understanding the role that robots are taking in operating theatres in making them safe and effective, for all that need them.
- Ensuring staff development can be attained through new skills, delivering a sustainable, multi-skilled workforce.
Our London conference builds on the success of our previous conference delivered in Manchester which attracted a wide audience of operating theatre professionals. Delegates discussed the key issues and challenges facing operating theatre professionals and debated future changes facing the profession. Attendees heard from leading figures in the industry about ways to reform services and strategies for collaborating the private sector to ensure NHS operating theatres continue to lead the world in standards and patient satisfaction.