Opportunities and Challenges of Cross Border Working
Joint ACOSVO/ACEVO Event
This seminar, jointly chaired by Pat Armstrong and Sir Stephen Bubb, the Chief Officers of ACOSVO and ACEVO respectively, will look at how ACOSVO and ACEVO can best support those of you involved in cross border working. Topics will include the challenges of cross border working and how reserved and devolved matters are best approached.
1050 ACEVO discussion
- What will a new government mean for the sector?
- Should there be a collective message to government as leaders within the sector?
- ACEVO 3 year strategy proposals
(ACEVO is currently creating its 3 year strategy from 2015-2018. This is your opportunity to discuss what the plans are and what changes are going to take place internally within the organisation and externally in the work they do for their members. Please bring your questions and suggestions to this meeting to create a robust member –led strategy that serves the sector and it’s leaders in the best possible way.)
11.35 ACOSVO discussion
- Context; numbers of cross border organisations (OSCR)
- Governance challenges of working cross border (Alastair Keatinge, Head of Charities, Lindsays)
- Challenges and opportunities working cross border
- Working to reserved matters – how do we ensure our collective voice is heard
1220 Networking lunch
PLEASE NOTE THIS EVENT HAS CHANGED VENUE AND WILL NOW BE TAKING PLACE AT LINDSAYS SOLICITORS, CALEDONIAN EXCHANGE, 19A CANNING STREET, EDINBURGH EH3 8HE (map above)
When & Where
Our Vision is: 'Excellent Third Sector Leadership in Scotland'
Our Mission is to:
Shape the future of Scotland's third sector by providing every leader with opportunities to develop, influence and excel
If you are a third sector leader in Scotland click HERE to become a member of ACOSVO or to find out more