Opportunities for charities in Horizon2020 and beyond
Join us to find out how charities can make the most out of EU research funding programmes.
Who's it for?
This workshop is for research managers and directors.
What’s the background?
The EU will invest over £65 billion in research over the next seven years, representing a huge opportunity for UK researchers and ultimately, patients. Charities can be part of collaborative bids to access these funds to boost research in their disease area and raise the profile of their patients’ needs.
In this workshop you will find out about the funding programmes available and the different ways charities are using them to further their strategic aims. We are bringing together experts who will demystify how the EU funds research and how it sets health challenge priorities. And you will hear from charities who have been involved in EU funded research programmes, from providing the patient voice to being the catalyst that brings together researchers from across Europe to coordinate clinical trials.
You will learn
- About the different EU R&D programmes
- How the EU sets priorities in the Health, Demographic Change and Wellbeing challenge
- The different ways charities can be involved in EU-funded research project
- You can request a refund though your Eventbrite account.
- Credit cannot be transferred between events, you may cancel and book on a different event.
- If you cancel more that 10 working days before the event, we will issue a full refund.
- If you cancel less than 10 working days before the event, we will issue a partial refund and charge you £40.
- Please note, if the order was placed more than six months ago, your card details will no longer be stored with Eventbrite. AMRC can issue an offline refund, which will incur an admin fee of £40.
When & Where
Association of Medical Research Charities (AMRC)
AMRC is the national membership organisation of leading medical and health research charities.