San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
A practical workshop for anyone interested in keeping their digital lives private.
Bring your laptops, desktops, netbooks, tablets and phones - we'll help you secure them and your communications:
- full disk encryption for your computers and memory sticks;
- encrypted email, text messages, IM on all your devices;
- anonymous browsing and tracker-avoidance;
- censorship circumvention;
- password generation, databases and management;
- keysigning / extending the web-of-trust.
- ad-hoc discussion of the laws that govern who can access your stuff and when; and, at some point in the evening,
- our regular round-up and discussion of the latest digital-rights news, opinions, and happenings.
When & Where
Open Rights Group Sheffield
Monthly meet-ups for anyone interested in digital rights: copyright, freedom of expression, censorship, parody, privacy, open data, free software... see the Open Rights Group website for the kind of issues we discuss.
You can join the Open Rights Group if you like but you don't have to be a member to come to our meet-ups.
Subscribe to our low-traffic mailing list for future event announcements.