Other @Dare ProtoPlay 2013 by National Theatre of Scotland (8-11 Aug)
Thursday, August 8, 2013 at 11:00 AM - Sunday, August 11, 2013 at 12:00 PM (BST)
San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
Other by National Theatre Scotland and Quartic Llama
National Theatre of Scotland, in partnership with award-winning Dundee-based games development studio Quartic Llama and University of Abertay Dundee, dare you to discover Other – a location-based sound adventure game, leading you through the streets of Dundee, on a journey across the shadows into the city’s dark side…
Featured recently on BBC Culture Studio, the Guardian Game blog, Pocketgamer and The Literary Platform, Other sees theatre and horror gaming collide on the streets of Dundee.
Each day during the festival, we have space for 5 brave ProtoPlayers to explore Other.
Teams of 5 will be despatched at 11am, 12pm, 3pm and 4pm.
- Other takes approx. 1 hour to complete
- Participants should meet at the National Theatre of Scotland stand in the Dare ProtoPlay marquee in City Square, 10mins prior to their time slot
- You will need an iPhone and headphones to experience Other (the game is currently only available on iOS)
- Please download Other from the App Store in advance
- Please make sure your iPhone is fully charged and any other apps are turned off
- You will be outside and walking the streets of Dundee – make sure you dress for the weather and please be aware of your surroundings as you take the journey…
- You must be 16 years of age or above
otherdundee.com @NTS_Other #NTSother
For other programmes of Dare ProtoPlay, please visit http://www.dareprotoplay.com
The University of Abertay Dundee launched the world’s first ever computer games degree in 1997. This postgraduate Masters course was followed by a complementary undergraduate course, and later by specialist courses in production management and game applications development.