Our Much-Valued NHS is Under Huge Pressure, But Why?
In association with Sheffield Save Our NHS
Is it increasing demand and expectations? Or reductions in funding, staff and other resources for health and social care? Or inherent inefficiency? Or lack of effective prevention? Or the wear and tear of constant reorganisation and increasing privatisation? Are the new NHS plans a sign of progress or simply cuts in disguise? Join our expert panel to debate how we can secure the NHS for future generations.
- Moderator: Dr Jillian Creasy, Sheffield GP and former City Councillor (Green Party)
- Dr Tim Moorhead, Oughtibridge GP and Chair of Sheffield NHS Clinical Commissioning Group
- Kevan Taylor, Chief Executive, Sheffield Health and Social Care NHS Foundation Trust
- Professor Sarah Salway, Deputy Director, Sheffield School of Health and Related Research (University of Sheffield)
- Dr John Carlisle, former Visiting Professor, Sheffield Business School
- Mike Simpkin, Sheffield Save Our NHS