Actions and Detail Panel
Out of the Box Training for dementia activities: Stage 1 & 2 LIVERPOOL
Wed, 29 Mar 2017, 09:30 – Thu, 30 Mar 2017, 16:00 BST
Sales Have Ended
Sales Have Ended
Out of the Box: Stage 1
This practical, one day training course explores the benefits of using creativity with people with dementia and how to use it when planning activities. Participants will learn some of brightshadow’s tried and tested techniques and exercises; how to design and deliver different performance-based and creative activities and will practice using themes to plan activity sessions.
By the end of this course, participants will have:
- Good knowledge and understanding of how creativity enables excellent dementia care
- Gained new ideas for creative activities that can be used in isolation or as part of a themed activity session
- Learned practical skills in facilitation and communication.
Out of the Box: Stage 2
This one day training course is for participants who have previously taken part in our Out of the Box: Stage 1 training course. Building on the foundational knowledge previously gained, this day will look in-depth at:
- Adaptation of activities for complex needs (including sensory impairments, mobility issues, advanced dementia and one-to-one settings)
- Enhanced facilitation skills and techniques
- Story-telling, music and movement activity skills and ideas.
The course involves working with other participants to plan and deliver a multi-sensory activity session, suitable for the clients you work with.
Lunch and refreshments will be provided on both days.
Where can I contact the organiser with any questions?
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit www.brightshadow.org.uk for more information.
Do I have to bring my printed ticket to the event?
The name on the registration/ticket doesn't match the attendee. Is that okay?
Yes that is fine, as long as the organisation name is the same.
Do you refund cancellations?
No. Not unless we have people on the waiting list. We may in certain circumstances offer a ticket for an alternative training date/location instead.
Can I pay by invoice?
Please email email@example.com if you wish to order your ticket the old fashioned way via a booking form and invoice which can be paid by BACS, cheque or cash.