A final free event for volunteers and friends to mark the end of the current phase of Manchester Pride's OUT! project.
Date: Saturday October 1st
Venue: Chief Librarian's Office, Central Library, Manchester
- Intro by Abigail Ward
- Training by David Govier on cataloging collections prior to depositing in archives
- Presentations from volunteers on archival LGBT material they have unearthed and/or contributed to digital exhibition at Archives+
- Presentations/snapshots of oral histories recorded by volunteers for the OUT! project
- 'Pinning party' - volunteers are trained on how to pin items to our digital heritage map - everyone pins something
- Lovely food & socialising
You will need to:
- Bring a laptop (if possible)
- Book a place via Eventbrite
- Let me know if you have any special dietary requirements
INFORMAL PRESENTATIONS WANTED
I am looking for 4 volunteers to share something with the group for 10 mins each. This could be some digitised material or a snippet of an oral history you have recorded. Or information about a personal project i.e. Drew's Mancunian Gay work or my Queer Noise project for Manchester District Music Archive. It will be totally informal, but if you fancied doing a visual presentation that would be great.
Hope to see you there!
Funded by Heritage Lottery Fund.
Image credit: Anti-Section 28 Rally, Albert Square, Feb 1988. Courtesy of Manchester Libraries, Infomration & Archives.