Actions and Detail Panel
Overcoming Stress and Burnout
Sat 1 April 2017, 10:00 – 17:00 BST
Unravel vicious cycles of stress, fatigue and emotional reactivity.
The second of five workshops which provide knowledge & skills for robust, sustainable health, wellbeing & happiness.
Boost your energy
Harmonize your emotions
Balance your hormones
Transform your mind
Nervous tension begins in the brain and spreads throughout the body affecting the adrenal glands, thyroid, neurotransmitter systems, the digestive system and the heart. Prolonged pressure over time can become a serious threat to maintaining lifelong wellness. If left untreated this can ultimately lead to exhaustion, fatigue and burnout.
Stress can become embedded into every aspect of our being; our biochemistry, our structure and mechanics and the habits of our mind.
Overcoming the stress trap requires a gentle, systematic and intelligent approach in which you are empowered to identify exactly where and how you are locked into the cycle, and how to use the appropriate resources and skills to break out.
What you will learn
You will explore and unravel the factors that are locking you into the stress trap;
- Diet and nutrition
- Posture, biomechanics and breathing
- Lifestyle, history and conditioning
- Habits of mind, thoughts, beliefs and emotional addictions
Identify the signs of adrenal stress, burnout and exhaustion
Understand the underlying causes of adrenal stress and dysfunction
- The role of gut health
- Blood sugar imbalances
- The role of trauma, negative thoughts and unhealthy beliefs
- Understand the role of biomechanics, breathing and intelligent forms of exercise
Learn how to support and rehabilitate adrenal function
- Nutrition and supplements to support adrenal function
- Down regulate the sympathetic nervous system working with
- Breathing techniques
- Meditation and mind training
- Nutritional supplements
- The role of beliefs and lifestyle management
- Exploring beliefs, intentions and outcomes
- Understanding the learning cycle
- Sustainers and drainers
- Time management & developing a practice
How to build a personal program to restore and sustain adrenal health and fitness