San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
1. The sector we work in is Advertising, more specifically Experiential Marketing. Our emerging point of difference as an agency is that we look to provide an integrated solution for brand engagement which includes Experiential, Social and Digital media platforms – this is a concept that is understood by many but ignored by most at the moment, it is however the future for this burgeoning sector of the marketplace. We are looking for someone(s) who can help us grow the business through hands on advice (not a full time requirement) but industry contacts and the opportunity to bring in business is most important. Note, there is no business sector where experiential marketing cannot be considered relevant in terms of sales. We will offer a revenue share or consider equity in the business – revenue share is the preferred route at the moment.
2. New Oxford student careers coaching enterprise seeks premises and like-minded coaches.
3. We are looking for an individual to provide real life mentoring and guidance to a tech start up. Ideally we are looking for someone with a knowledge of brand management and who understand the challenges and pitfalls of launching a start up.
4. Our company provides working capital funding to fast growth businesses. We focus on companies which are entrepreneur-driven and either angel /VC funded or founder-supported. Our launch product is single (or selective) invoice finance, which draws on the financial strength of our clients’ end customers to make funds available to them. The company was formally launched in September 2013 and is now out in the market. Currently the company is run and funded by the director/shareholders. As the business expands we will be looking for additional debt funding to support the growth of the invoice purchase book over the next 18 months. To make the most of the market opportunity we believe the company now has, we also plan to raise a small further equity round to support the expansion of the company and take it to the next level.
We are looking to recruit a breathtakingly effective senior sales professional, with experience in the invoice finance or alternative finance sector, to drive the acquisition of clients and to help grow the business generally. This would be a board appointment and would be undertaken in tandem with the funding process, with equity being offered. The role would suit someone with unfulfilled entrepreneurial ambitions who wants to be part of a talented and committed team in a fast growth startup.
5. Non-Exec Director/Board Advisor sought for early-stage fast growing and ambitious curated marketplace. Great opportunity to work with a talented, passionate team, guiding them to deliver strong growth, prioritise and introduce new revenue streams and prepare for a trade sale in five years. Retail experience is essential, together with a generous approach to sharing your contact book and opening doors. Based in London, this is a non-salaried role with equity offered for results.
Please join us for the latest Pitching for Management™ event at Critchleys in Oxford on 27th February 2014 at 4.00pm - 7.30pm.
At these events, exciting start-up and entrepreneurial businesses present their companies and the roles available to a room of senior quality business professionals. The roles on offer range from sales, marketing and finance board positions to mentorships, chair, CEO and non-executive director positions.
The roles can be full or part time. Some offer paid remuneration and all packages offer additional rewards such as sweat equity, share options, commissions and bonuses.
If you think you could make a significant difference to a fast-growing company, then this is the event for you. The networking is also highly recommended.
16.00 : Registration & soft drinks
16.30 : Introductions Modwenna Rees-Mogg
16.35: Welcome from our hosts at Critchleys - Justin Ray
16.40 : Speaker - Duncan White, Marks & Clerk, Patent Attorney
16.45 : Pitching Companies
17.15 : Break
17.25 : Speaker - Kate Davies of Excello Law
17.30 : Pitching Companies
18.00 : Speaker - David Doughty, Executive Transitions
18.05 : Networking and nibbles
19.30 : Finish
Hope to see you there. If you are interested in pitching at one of our events, please call the AngelNews team on 01761 452248.
Parking can be found at the Westgate car park which is a two minute walk from Critchleys, a map can be seen here and information about charges and other parking options in Oxford can be seen here. Alternatively, there are plenty of public transport links to the City Centre and Park and Ride is often the easiest way to travel, options for this can be seen here.
When & Where
The Pluralists Investor Club
The Pluralists Investor Club www.thepluralists.club is operated by AngelNews which holds events on topics close to the hearts of investors and entrepreneurs. These include the annual VCT and EIS Investor Forum and the Great British Private Investor Summit.
It also publishes news on its website and monthly AngelNewsletter, which is full of topical articles, knowledge and views. You can sign up to receive it when you register at www.angelnewsletter.co.uk
For further information call: +44 20 7720 1102