San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
1. Marketing and business development manager for an early stage consumer robotics company developing the world's first gaming robots. We are searching for an individual with experience in taking new consumer products to market to help develop our marketing and monetisation strategy for our innovative product. Initially part-time, the first task will be to help drive our upcoming crowd-funding campaign strategy and the exciting future that lies ahead. The reward: a success based remuneration package that includes and element of equity and an opportunity to work with a start up that is solving the problem of commercialising robotics; bringing products that only exist in Sci-fi worlds to life.
Would have experience with crowd funding
Would have experience with taking a consumer Tech product to market
Would be flexible and comfortable working in a challenging environment
Extra points for toy retailers and gaming industry experience.
2. Marketing Manager required for early stage luxury online boutique, specialising in bras for curvier ladies designed and made in Britain with the intention of supporting British manufacture and based on the "made in Britain' theme. This role is initially part time and is required to help develop the marketing strategy and subsequent online sales and collaboration within selected luxury retailers. We are looking for an experienced marketing manager with specific knowledge of online marketing initiatives and campaigns through website and social media.
The right candidate will be involved from the early stages and support and drive the brand awareness in order to gain market share and competitive advantage. Initially targeting the UK market, the growth strategy includes moving to further countries and diversifying into related products including swimwear, nightwear and sportswear for the curvier lady. Renumeration will be based on experience and may also include an element of equity.
3. Harwell based company (Med Tech) seeks COO for mid-2015 start to oversee mobilisation of outsourced production from prototype. MUST have overseen production previously and transition to outsourced manufacture; SHOULD have had experience of MEMS; WOULD LIKE that they have had experience of a regulated environment; WOULD LIKE experience in early-stage companies; COULD have had General Management experience. Market rate and share options.
Harwell based company (Med Tech) seeks Office Manager for 2014 start. MUST be able to organise an office, be able to do basic book-keeping (or be prepared to train) and HR administration including payroll; SHOULD be able to process (awarded) grant documentation (or be prepared to learn); WOULD LIKE that they are able to do basic marketing tasks, ideally including writing Press Releases. Market rate, possibility of part-time and /or flexible working arrangements for experienced candidates.
4. Spun out of a successful digital agency of 10 years standing, we are an events company organising conferences and workshops in the tech and digital arena. We have a small set of trusted conferences and a growing list of repeat customers and happy sponsors. We are adding to our stable of events for web developers with new conference brands and co-run events with partners. The tech industry is growing exponentially and the events side of tech is growing with it. We are looking for an experienced and dynamic sales manager who wants to work with a small ambitious startup to help us grow our lists and increase ticket sales. We can offer a percentage of income brought in. Equity is a possibility for the right person.
5. We are a 10 year old digital agency of 28 people based in Oxford. We describe ourselves as clear-thinking, straight-talking, client-listening, digital people. We are a group of software developers, designers and strategists that work unusually closely with our clients to turn their ideas into innovative, successful digital products. We have grown rapidly over the last 2 years, developing our services & processes and improving the quality of work. We have a growing client base and are realising that we can choose (& educate) our clients. We are looking for Non Executive Directors to strengthen our board and help give strategic direction as well as open doors into target markets of Finance, Healthcare and funded startups. We are also looking to replace our Technical Director who is moving on to a new role.
Please join us for the latest Pitching for Management™ event at Marks & Clerk in Oxford on 14th October 2014 at 6.00pm - 9.30pm.
In a new move to increase the focus on the importance of teams in ambitious businesses, come and debate with VCs, business angels and entrepreneurs about how to adapt the team post-funding.
We will also have four companies telling you about their big management challenges and asking for your help in solving them.
If you can solve one or more of the challenges you will be rewarded with the opportunity to join the company and take it forwards. You may be paid a remuneration package based on salary and perks and for the lucky few you will be awarded a stake in the company in return for your efforts.
If you want to make a big change in your life to a better way of working - this is the event for you.
18.00 : Registration & soft drinks
18.30 : Introductions Modwenna Rees-Mogg & Critchleys
18.35 : 1st Challenge
18.45 : 2nd Challenge
18.55 : 3rd Challenge
19.05 : Break
19.30 : 4th Challenge
19.40 : 5th Challenge
19.50 : 6th Challenge
20.00 : Closing Guest Speaker
20.10 : Networking and Refreshments
Hope to see you there. If you are interested in pitching at one of our events, please call the AngelNews team on 01761 452248.
You can find our Terms and Conditions here.
The top deck of the car park opposite to the Magdalen Centre has been reserved for your use; this is a short five minute walk to the offices of Marks & Clerk and there is no entry barrier code. Please note all parking outside of our office is allocated to employees.
Car park location: http://goo.gl/maps/kUSiZ
Route to office: http://goo.gl/maps/vaip8
Please note the lift at the venue is operated by a pin entry system: Dial 2012* on the keypad followed by Floor 2.
Find us on:
When & Where
The Pluralists Investor Club
The Pluralists Investor Club www.thepluralists.club is operated by AngelNews which holds events on topics close to the hearts of investors and entrepreneurs. These include the annual VCT and EIS Investor Forum and the Great British Private Investor Summit.
It also publishes news on its website and monthly AngelNewsletter, which is full of topical articles, knowledge and views. You can sign up to receive it when you register at www.angelnewsletter.co.uk
For further information call: +44 20 7720 1102