Actions and Detail Panel
Paediatric First Aid (2 Day)
Tue, 6 Dec 2016, 09:00 – Wed, 7 Dec 2016, 16:00 GMT
This course is delivered in accordance with the Statutory Framework for the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS), which is mandatory for all early years’ providers, and thereby meets Ofsted requirements. Training is primarily aimed at child-minders, nursery workers and school staff, but is suitable for anyone who requires a more in-depth knowledge of paediatric first aid. The training will be delivered by a paediatric specialist and includes both theoretical and practical sessions. We also offer a Basic Paediatric First Aid course which is designed for nannies, au pairs, babysitters and child-minders who wish to enrol on the voluntary part of the Ofsted Childcare Register.
Our 2 day Paediatric First Aid training course is available at our centre or in-house at a venue of your choosing.
Outline of Programme
• Introduction and explanation.
• How to plan and deal with first aid emergencies.
• Identifying and dealing with Shock (anaphylactic and electric).
• Responding appropriately to choking, bleeding, burns and scalds.
• Dealing with suspected fractures and eye, head, back and neck injuries.
• Treatments for bites and stings.
• Coping with serious sudden illnesses such as meningitis and seizures.
• Understanding the needs of chronic medical conditions including epilepsy, asthma, sickle cell and diabetes.
• Knowing the effects of extreme heat and cold.
The course is delivered over two days (12 hours). Assessment will be carried out by the trainer through continual observation. Upon successful completion, first aiders receive certification to allow them to practice for three years.